Monday, September 21, 2015

Sunrises and Surprises

More Training and Adventures! I'm a few days behind in posting..
 Training for Friday was mainly at the Captain EO show at the Magic Eye Theater. Managing the show is not too hard... there are just a lot of things to remember to do at once; a lot of multitasking. I enjoy it so far though! But by the end of the program I'll have seen/heard the show so many times I'll be sick of it! Today in training we got onto the topic of VIPs/celebrities that come to visit... one celebrity that we get occasionally at Journey to Imagination/Captain EO is Hayley Williams, the lead singer in a rock band called Paramore. Apparently she absolutely loves Figment (the purple dragon character in the ride Journey to Imagination) and Captain EO! I thought that was pretty cool. Also John Stamos and Adam Sandler had visited the park in the last few years as well - not sure when but my trainer also mentioned that they had been on our ride/went to see Captain EO.
                                         [a short video I took after getting off work one day]

Saturday at work, my trainer and I happened to be outside at a cool time. We were walking to another building and in the distance I saw a huge group of people speed walking towards The Land building (right next to our show/ride). I watched them for a few seconds thinking to myself.. is that a speed walking club or something? They were all really close and walking really fast as if they were on a mission. And on a mission they were - my trainer told me that they had just opened the park. They used to take all the ropes off of a certain area at the same time and then people would run - literally run - to The Land building to get in line for the Soarin' ride. Then after awhile they had to change the way they did things because it was too dangerous - now they open off two sections and then 2 cast members lead the whole group there - but they walk instead of run! (It's safer that way). It's definitely a riot to see that mob speed walking towards The Land..
Sunrise @ Epcot, I snapped on the way to work
After work today, my coworker and I changed out of our uniforms and went to the park to ride a few rides:) We plan on doing that later this week too.

Another fun thing Saturday at work - we had some extra time at the end of training, so my trainer and I got to go on Soarin'! Such a fun ride. We even got to talk to one of the managers and he took us to the front of the line so we didn't have to wait at all!!:) Gettin' the VIP treatment... perks of working at Disney:)

Saturday after work I took a much needed nap! When I woke up around 7pm, I was scrolling through photos on Instagram and I came across a post by one of my favorite bands called The Maine. It said, "Tonight we play a show at Orlando House of Blues and it is FREE! Just show up and you will get in. Doors @ 6pm." Wait, WHAT?!?!? I had to re-read the post a few times because I could not believe what I saw... a free show...in Orlando?!? What are the odds. I sprung out of bed and got ready.. grabbed some food, and looked at the bus schedule. All my roommates were gone and I figured no one would be free at this late of notice (plus hardly anyone knows who The Maine is)...so I just went by myself! I hopped on the next bus to Disney Springs (formerly known as Downtown Disney), which was unfortunately 15 minutes late... I was thinking I'd get to the House of Blues around 8 and maybe get there halfway through the show if I was lucky. Once I got off the bus I hurried to the House of Blues, and made it there just as The Maine was starting to play! Best. Day. Ever. They were amazing, as usual. I've seen them a few times in concert and they put on a great show every time!
The Maine!!
Some pictures below of hanging out at Magic Kingdom with my roommate!




Ha

Saying hi to our roomie Yennifer while she was working:) She's gonna be mad that I posted a pic of her in her uniform :D

Misc. goofing off pictures...
I was craving ice cream...

Me attempting to rap while my roomies took videos/pics of me :p Just call me Queen Rachel











No comments:

Post a Comment