Monday, September 14, 2015

Sunday Funday

Sunday we had a sleep in day...most of us didn't have training so it was a relaxed day. In the afternoon, we decided to go to Animal Kingdom. We should have checked what time it closed (we're new at this), because by the time we got to the park it was closing in a half hour. We checked out the Rainforest Cafe outside the park and then hopped on a bus to Epcot. It's a really cool park - future themed, and then there is World Showcase, where you can get food and drinks from all different countries. We did a lot of rides in the short amount of time we had - we saw the Captain EO show (classic..Michael Jackson in his prime), and went on Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, the Seas with Nemo and Friends (which houses the second largest inland aquarium), Soarin', and then we rode Test Track two times (the single rider line = best invention ever - cuts down the wait time a lot).

Bus rides every day.. better with friends

At least I got a picture?

I <3 palm trees


When you first get into the parks, it is really hectic if you don't know where anything is/you've never been there before. You're trying to simultaneously walk around and find rides/fast pass kiosks, navigate by using your paper map, take in all the sights, smells, and sounds, and also stay with your group of friends. Then try to snapchat while you're doing that and also dodge little children and strollers and you have a recipe for disaster. I haven't run into anything yet though...fingers crossed. It was fun to check out Epcot though, because I'll be working there in Future World West!

Spaceship Earth ride w/animation at the end

3 of my roomies - @ Epcot

Monsters Inc. is one of my fave Disney movies... so I had to try on the Sully tail, of course


My favorite ride in Epcot so far is either Soarin' or Spaceship Earth! Definitely recommend them. Coming up in late September-November is the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot! All my friends and I are looking forward to going. I definitely want to try the Dominican Republic food with my Dominican roomies. They already looked up the menu and showed it to me! I want to go to some of the other countries also to try the food/see some of the shows as well...so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment