Thursday, September 10, 2015

I can now say I've been in Disney World twice.

Today began with a mandatory housing meeting. Guess who had to go to the early session? Yes, me. If you know me, you know that I am not a morning person. However that could potentially be changing soon.. most likely will be changing soon... okay I have to grow up at some point. Now could be the right time. Also I have the first session for Disney Traditions training Friday in which the bus leaves at 6:55am. Thank goodness for coffee! And thank goodness for my other 4 roommates, because we all chipped in and bought a coffee machine (at Walmart, of course). $4.50 per person is not a bad price for a coffee machine.

Anyways, the housing meeting was the usual - rules, safety, phone numbers of important offices, transportation, etc. Lots more information - definitely useful! One of the safety rules is no weapons. However, light sabers are okay! Good thing, because now I don't have to throw away my light saber. Kidding! Also seeing as Harry Potter World is in the neighborhood, magic wands are also allowed. But only as long as we use good magic, not dark magic - words from one of the speakers at the meeting...

After the meeting, my roommates and I put in a few maintenance requests for our apartment. Much to our surprise, the maintenance guys showed up within about 10 minutes! Thank goodness - time to get our AC fixed. They were super helpful and fixed several things around our apartment.  My roommate Yennifer and I also learned about some of the local animals from the maintenance guys... of course we already learned about the lizards first hand by seeing them outside several times (ew!). There are also some funny looking white birds with red and blue feathers that waddle around the apartment complex and live here, and an occasional harmless snake. But if you try telling Yennifer that the snakes are harmless, it won't do any good because she is terrified either way. Florida also has bears and panthers!
living room/kitchen
Shoutout to our friend Jimi for lending us his wifi router!!! This post was brought to you by his hospitality. His roommates already had a router set up so he lent us the one that he brought. Rumor had it that the wifi was slow, but it works great.

Got to spend some time at the pool today with some of the roomies! Gotta work on that tan. I finally live in an apartment complex with a pool - that has been one of my dreams for as long as I can remember. It's open until 1 am too. I'll definitely be spending more time there tomorrow. Hopefully the weird guy with the red furry robe won't be there tomorrow... he had a sunburn so maybe he will avoid the pool for a day?

Hulk at the Lego store



In the evening, my roommates and a few other girls and I went to Downtown Disney. We got dinner and then went to a few shops. We'll definitely have to check it out again.. lots to do! There was also live music in different areas which was fun. You couldn't restrain yourself from dancing as you walked by.. well it was difficult to, from my personal experience.






The bus system has been getting easier to use. It is really convenient and it's just for DCP participants. We take it to and from work (unless you have a car and want to drive) and also to and from all the parks/shopping areas on our time off. You'll always see people on the bus with their Disney costumes on, which is fun to see.

Looking forward to another day off tomorrow to hang out with my roommates! Last free day before the work starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment