Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Officially Moving in to Epcot.

Not really, but I'll be spending most of my time there... Monday was my first day of training on site! Waking up early hasn't been too bad.. but then again I haven't done it 5 days in a row yet. It's nice to see the sunrise in the mornings on the way to work though. The Florida skies are beautiful!

Training was brief but fun. We learned a lot of facts about Epcot and also got a tour (which included one of the rides - Spaceship Earth, my fave!) and a fun surprise on the tour. I can't tell you the surprise - it's an Epcot cast member secret. We swore an oath near the fountain in Epcot. I also found out where I will be working and my first week's training schedule. I'll be working at a ride in Future World West called Journey Into Imagination and I'll also be working at the Magic Eye Theater. The ride is a kids ride featuring a little purple dragon called Figment - which I had never heard of before. I have a few friends that are working in Epcot, but I don't know anyone working at my ride yet, so it will be fun to meet new people! Also on the tour we took a cruise around the World Showcase and learned about the dining/attractions at each country.

Work day selfie:)

From the ride Spaceship Earth with my fellow Epcot friend


Fun fact: Epcot has 11,000 parking spots. It's the second largest parking lot in the world!

Training ended at noon, and I ended up going to the Magic Kingdom with one of my roommates and one of my friends that will be working at Epcot also! We walked a total of about 5 miles at the Magic Kingdom... guess I won't need to be doing a lot of extra exercise here - I'll just need to go to a park for the day:) We went on a lot of rides including Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster. Something really awesome happened when we went on the Mine Train roller coaster - right as we began the ride, the Disney fireworks show started!!! The roller coaster twists and turns and goes inside a "mine" and back outside, and every time we were outside, the fireworks were going off right above us. It's hard to describe, but it was the coolest thing ever - we had the most perfect timing.


Space Mountain ;)
the Castle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment